Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) essential oil is a woodsy softly floral aroma that soothes anxious feelings, supports healthy hormone levels, skin and digestive health.
Geranium feels like a warm hug and smells like soft, warm, textured, fertile dark soil. It conjures an image for me of having my feet firmly rooted in the nutrient rich soil while my heart and head reach skyward. This image makes me think of Casey Kasem’s adage: “Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.”
From an emotional perspective, Geranium is the oil of love and trust. It is said to support those working to heal emotional wounds by mending the heart and fostering trust.1 Geranium is said to bring blessings of friendship and good relationships. From an energetic healing perspective, Geranium is recommended for rebalancing emotions amidst hormonal havoc. It offers a great hormonal support for women.2
Ways to use Geranium:
- Add a drop to two to your facial lotion daily to promote a glowing, even skin tone.
- Combine Geranium with Lavender or Wild Orange oil and add to lotion for foot massage.
- Diffuse a few drops of Geranium with your favorite citrus oil (try Tangerine!)
- My body is in a state of restoration and healing.
- I find balance in my life through my day.
- I easily nurture myself.
- I love and trust myself.
1 _. 2019. Emotions and Essential Oils, 7th edition. Essential Emotions, 167 pp.
2 Lembo, Margaret Ann. 2016. The Essential Guide to Aromatherapy and Vibrational Healing. Llewellyn Publications, 360 pp.